Relocating Requirements[edit | edit source]
As a small base site, the Alamo has modest requirements to settle within its walls:
- 5 survivors (No requirement on Breakdown)
- 20 building materials
Location and Environs[edit | edit source]
- The Alamo is sited in the heart of Marshall's eastern half, in its commercial district. It is hemmed in on all sides by buildings, most notably Blaine's Grocery to the east.
- As it is located in the center of Marshall, it is very close to the bulk of scavenging areas, particularly once Spencer's Mill has been largely cleared.
Facilities[edit | edit source]
The Alamo, upon settlement, contains a pre-built Cooking Area, Storage Area, Watch Tower. Three facilities can be built on the site, one inside, two outside. Notably, one of the facility slots is on the restaurant's roof. Three parking spaces and four outpost slots are available.
Base storage capacity[edit | edit source]
- Food - 65
- Medicine - 65
- Ammunition - 65
- Materials - 90
- Fuel - 65
Defense Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Overall, the Alamo is difficult to defend. The site can only support 4 outposts, making a perimeter difficult to establish. Additionally, as the building is located in downtown Marshall, zombies can attack it from all directions.
- Improving homesite defense must be the primary concern after relocating. The buildings to the north, south, and west should be converted into outposts and have their safezone extended. Blaine's Grocery, to the east, should also be secured and set as an outpost.
- As the Alamo offers only a single interior facility slot, this spot should be reserved for a Sleeping Area or Medical Area to help protect the most vulnerable survivors.
- Once the sleeping or medical area is placed in the indoor slot, the second of the two facilities should be placed in the "penthouse suite" on the roof. For instance, one effective combination is to place the medical area indoors and the sleeping area on the roof. There is also a third slot outside the building, which is probably best used for a workshop.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The homesite's name is a reference to the Battle of the Alamo, a pivotal event in the Texas Revolution. In this battle, Mexican troops overwhelmed and killed all Texians defending the Alamo Mission after a 13-day siege.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Home Sites||Ranger Station • Church of the Ascension • Kirkman Residence • McReady Farmhouse • The Alamo • Savini Residence • Snyder Trucking Warehouse • Trumbull County Fairgrounds • Recreational Vehicle • Black Friday|
|Facilities||Cooking Area • Dining Area • Garden Area • Library • Medical Area • Parking Area • Radio Room • Recreational Vehicle • Sleeping Area • Storage Area • Training Area • Watch Tower • Work Area|
|Facilities (Lifeline)||Barracks • Field Medic • Field Workshop • Generator • Landing Zone • Latrine • Logistics • Mess Hall • Ops Center • Sat-Comms • Training Area • Perimeter Defenses|
|Resources||Ammunition • Construction Materials • Food • Fuel • Medicine|
|Others||Outposts • Supply Locker • Influence • Fame • Morale • Attitudes • Illnesses|