- Revolvers are great at short range, and tend to be the first type of firearm the player finds, usually scavaging Mt.Tanner. Revolvers have very low ammo capacity (5-6 rounds) and are slow to reload. They cannot be equipped with suppressors and do not have selective fire.
- Like Shotguns, revolvers receive significant damage and knockback boost from each level of specialization, and are capable of multikilling at higher levels. However, unlike the similarly loud Shotguns, revolvers don't have the crowd control ability or large ammo capacity, which make them extremely risky to use.
- Due to the fact Revolvers cannot be equipped with suppressors, it is suggested that upon finding a gun that can be equipped with a surpressor, the player immediately switch to it, for Revolvers are (in)famous for their loud, dangerous noise.
- On the other hand, if the player insists on specializing a character in revolver, it is still doable with a character with Powerhouse or Reflex trait, as they will find themselves in melee combat very often at the middle of a reload.
- If the player is smart and cautious, the revolver can be used effectively as an offensive weapon for Special Infected zed hunts, general base defense and clearing infestations.
Comparison of RevolversEdit
- Weapons noted with (B) are those introduced in Breakdown DLC.
- Weapons noted with (L) are those introduced in Lifeline DLC.
|Snub Special 22||.22 Cal||6||1||2||1||5||1.3|
|Model 986 (L)||9mm||7||3||4||1||5||2.2|
|SP 101 (B)||.357Cal||5||2||4||3||5||1.6|
|Toro Bravo||.44 Cal||5||2||5||4||5||3.2|
|Model 29||.44 Cal||6||3||5||4||5||2.6|
|River Snake||.44 Cal||6||4||5||4||5||Yes||2.3|
|M 1917||.45 Cal||6||2||4||2||5||2.5|
|Mark VI (B)||.45 Cal||6||3||4||2||5||2.4|
|Anvil Hammer (B)||.50 Cal||5||4||5||5||5||5.0|