History[edit | edit source]
The area that would become known as Meagher Valley was created 50 million years ago. It was a breeding ground for mammoths and hunting ground for dire wolves and short-faced bears.
It is unknown who first settled the valley. During the western expansion of the United States, the valley was a popular stop for travelers, many of whom settled in the area and built farms and homes.
In the early 20th century, the area began seeing major growth due to its fertile farmland, with their crops feeding American troops during both World Wars. The economic boom eventually stagnated, but Meagher Valley continued to prosper and modernize. Beginning in the early 2000s, wind turbines were built across the valley that provided residents with clean energy, and several commercial chains began setting up shop in the surrounding neighborhoods.
When the outbreak first hit, Meagher Valley erupted into panic. Dozens of residents fled in their cars, choking the highways in and out of the valley. An attempt by the Army to quarantine the valley failed, and as a result the area quickly became overrun..
Home Sites[edit | edit source]
- Clarington House - Is the starting base located east on the map.
- Mazzara Farm - Located along a river that runs through the middle of the map.
- Country Church - A small, elevated church on the west side of the map.
- Rural Police Station - A old police station located far north of the map.
- Squelones Brewing Company - A old brewery located north-east side of the map.
- Camp Kelenqua - A Campground located in the central west side of the map.
- Whitney Field - A fenced baseball field located in the far south of the map.
Current Conditions[edit | edit source]
Though still in general disarray, the valley seems to have suffered less destruction than Drucker County and Cascade Hills. However it is no less dangerous than either. The air and lighting of the valley is also much clearer than the other regions. Meagher Valley also contains some of the flattest and easiest to traverse locations in the game. The road networks in Meagher Valley are intricate enough to allow easy travel around the map.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Meagher Valley contains ten Plague Hearts and 26 Survey Points.
To the west are still-functioning wind turbines that can be claimed as an outpost to provide power to your base.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Meagher Valley region seems to be based off of a real life U.S. state. Originally, it was thought to be located around Montana, Oklahoma, Colorado, or Wyoming. However, looking at the surroundings closely, it seems to be based off of the Willamette Valley in Oregon or the valleys in Teton County, Idaho.