Home Sites serve as the player's base of operations while surviving in the zombie apocalypse in State of Decay and State of Decay 2. They are typically a walled-off location containing a number of spots for facilities that contribute to your community's ability to survive.
Home Sites are the primary means by which the survivors in the player's community protects themselves from the undead. All home sites have a defensible perimeter (usually walls or fences) and are capable of storing items and resources. They can be improved by constructing facilities and outposts to produce daily resources or provide characters with places to rest and recover from tiredness, illnesses or injuries.
In Storyline mode, the player can encounter 8 home sites throughout the game. The first two are given to the player through the story, although the first one, Ranger Station, is not under control of the player, and thus is not considered an "official" home site. The Church of the Ascension is the first "real" home site under player control. Occasionally, home sites can be occupied by random Enclaves.
- Ranger Station - A temporary Home Site located on Mount Tanner in the north of Trumbull Valley.
- Church of the Ascension - A walled-off church and the parish of Pastor William Mulroney.
- Kirkman Residence - A large house located in the heart of Spencer's Mill.
- Savini Residence - A large house with a tree-fort, located in the western half of Marshall.
- Snyder Trucking Warehouse - A large warehouse located on the western edge of Marshall.
- The Alamo - A Mexican theme restaurant located to the south of Marshall.
- McReady Farmhouse - A large farmhouse located in the heart of Trumbull Valley.
- Trumbull County Fairgrounds - A large fairground located to the east of Fairfield.
- Black Friday - An abandoned strip-mall converted into a military camp shorty following the outbreak.
|Name||Map||Location||Plots||Built-In||Parking Spots||Outposts||Survivors required (Breakdown)|
|Black Friday||Danforth||Thornhill Square-Tyron Plaza||4||8||2||6||0|
|Church Of The Ascension||Trumbull Valley||Spencer's Mill||3||3||1||4||5 (0)|
|Kirkman Residence||Trumbull Valley||Spencer's Mill||4||3||2||6||8 (5)|
|McReady Farmhouse||Trumbull Valley||Trumbull Valley||4||4||3||6||8 (5)|
|Recreational Vehicle||Trumbull Valley||Randomly Generated||0||1||0||2||0|
|Savini Residence||Trumbull Valley||Marshall||3||4||3||6||8 (5)|
|Snyder Trucking Warehouse||Trumbull Valley||Marshall||6||3||4||8||12 (10)|
|The Alamo||Trumbull Valley||Marshall||3||3||3||4||5 (0)|
|Trumbull County Fairgrounds||Trumbull Valley||Fairfield||5||4||5||8||12 (10)|
- Bridge Fort - A fortified bridge over a river.
- Church On The Hill - A church on a hill, with a good view of the surroundings.
- Container Fort -The largest home site located in Cascade Hills.
- Corner Office -An office in the central town.
- Justineau House - The starting home for Cascade Hills.
- Loch & Keogh Self Storage
- Mohr and Mohr Distributing
- Barricaded Strip Mall
- Cabin Park Motel
- Knights Family Drive-In
- Mike's Concrete
- Vogel House - The Starting home for Drucker County
- Wally's Bar and Grill
- Wheelhouse Truckstop
- Camp Kalenqua
- Country Church
- Clarington House - The starting home for Meagher Valley.
- Mazzara Farm - A old farm centrally located in Meagher Valley.
- Rural Police Station
- Squelones Brewing Company - A brewery that can produce alcohol for trading.
- Whitney Field - A fenced baseball field located in the south of Meagher Valley.
All home sites have some built-in facilities which are always present when the player moves in. The facilities will be in disarray and unusable until fixed up; furthermore, they cannot be upgraded or removed.
Each home site has a different number of available spaces for facilities, outposts, and parking spaces. The player can occupy only one home site at a time; furthermore, upon relocating to a new home site, all constructed facilities from the old one are lost.
- To relocate home site, open radio command and select Relocate Home Base. This radio command is only available after the player completes the Mission Home Away From Home.
- Relocating costs 100 influence, as well as specific Building Materials and Population requirements that vary from site to site.
- It is not possible to relocate if the number of outpost slots in the new base is less than the number of outposts the player currently has.
- Aside from the habitable home sites, many spots on the map are shown as "Potential Home Sites" (without material and population requirement). It is not possible to relocate to these sites. Apparently they are used to mark locations that the RV can break down when reaching a new level in Breakdown DLC.
- Vehicles parked in parking areas in state of decay 2 will carry over to other home sites on the same map, they will not however carry over to new maps.
- In State of Decay 2 home sites occupied by an enclave have an accessible supply locker for as long as enclave survives.
|Home Sites||Ranger Station • Church of the Ascension • Kirkman Residence • McReady Farmhouse • The Alamo • Savini Residence • Snyder Trucking Warehouse • Trumbull County Fairgrounds • Recreational Vehicle • Black Friday|
|Facilities||Cooking Area • Dining Area • Garden Area • Library • Medical Area • Parking Area • Radio Room • Recreational Vehicle • Sleeping Area • Storage Area • Training Area • Watch Tower • Work Area|
|Facilities (Lifeline)||Barracks • Field Medic • Field Workshop • Generator • Landing Zone • Latrine • Logistics • Mess Hall • Ops Center • Sat-Comms • Training Area • Perimeter Defenses|
|Resources||Ammunition • Construction Materials • Food • Fuel • Medicine|
|Others||Outposts • Supply Locker • Influence • Fame • Morale • Attitudes • Illnesses|