The following may contain spoilers regarding game-play in State of Decay
Overview[edit | edit source]
Unlocking the character[edit | edit source]
- In State of Decay, when finding their way out of Mt.Tanner, Ed is heavily injured and the player has to complete a few storyline mission to get him treated. Afterwards, Ed becomes playable.
- In Breakdown, Ed is unlocked as soon as the player reaches Level 2.
Missions involving Ed Jones[edit | edit source]
- Mount Tanner: Marcus, Ed and Maya find their way out of Mount Tanner.
- The Vet Clinic: The player must find antibiotics for a wounded Ed.
- The Old Farmhouse: The player travels to the Wilkerson Farm to get Doc Hanson and ask him to treat Ed.
Backstory and Personality[edit | edit source]
- Ed is described in the player's journal as a "fun-loving" guy. One alternate dialog when rescuing Maya reveals that he "volunteered" himself and Marcus for the running of the bulls in Pamplona.
- In the crisis, despite his panicked-sounding lines, Ed is notably perceptive, calm and practical. After meeting the survivors at the Ranger Station, Ed notes the peculiarity of them setting up an Infirmary for wounded people but not calling an ambulance. When faced with a dead survivor, he immediately thinks of checking for ID to know who he was, then takes his walkie-talkie which proves helpful for escaping Mt. Tanner and finding new shelter.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Ed cannot be killed before the player reaches Church of the Ascension. However, following that he will eventually die if the mission to get Doc Hanson isn't completed in time.
- Should the Home Site he is resting in be swarmed and Ed himself attacked, it's all the more possible for Ed to die.
- When killed (other than scripted possible death) Lily Ritter will state that even though nobody really knew him (she will admit Marcus did) that he was a good person to have around, keeping everyone entertained with his "humor," and that he will be missed.
Relations[edit | edit source]
- Marcus Campbell - It is quite clear at the beginning of the game that Marcus and Ed are friends and co-workers, being on a camping trip to get away from their "annoying" jobs. They seem to show a close bond, as Ed rarely questions the judgement of Marcus.
- Maya Torres - While scavenging and searching for survivors at Mt. Tanner, Marcus and Ed hear distant gunshots, which lead to the attacked Maya Torres.
- Lily Ritter - On the way to the Church, Ed feels adamant that someone has to tell Lily about what happened to her father, but, Marcus points out that no-one would be willing to tell her, at least not before Ed recieves medical treatment.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the story mode of State of Decay, Ed has a Crowbar in his inventory, however, until he recovers and is selected by the player, he cannot equip it. It is not known if this was unintentional or as a "freebie" weapon for the player once Ed recovers.
- Lily states that some of the survivors from the Church didn't make it, never directly saying if Ed survived or was killed.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.